IDIOMS and CYPRIOT PRODUCTS


Halloumi is our traditional cheese here in Cyprus, just like fetta in Greece and brie in France. It's more delicious when you cook it on the grill but you can also eat it cold. It's salty and bouncy. Now that I started talking about halloumi cheese, one of my favourite idioms comes to my mind. It's very simple and very common. SAY CHEESE! People say it when they want to take a photo in order to have a smile on their faces.

Daria Georgiou E Class



I love potatoes! We cultivate them a lot here in Cyprus, especially in a place called Kokkinochoria.  I like fried potatoes and I enjoy sitting in front of the TV and eating them with ketchup and mayonnaise. That makes my mum really angry and she often tells me: "Stop watching TV all the time! You will become a couch potato!"

Evelthon Pelentrides E Class